Friday 26 January 2018

When real life makes you run too fast

When Pfitzinger and Douglas wrote my marathon plan I'm sure they did not take into account the difficulty of getting two children off to school in enough time to allow me to do my run commute at recovery pace.

Sadly I did not succeed and had to do the run at steady pace to avoid walking into a meeting late. This has happened a few times and I seem to get away with it. I have always thought that my main talent is not getting injured easily.

So just a 6 and 4 mile double today. The second run was genuinely at recovery pace as it was only 4 hours after I finished my first run. Again my legs seemed to put up with it.

If my legs keeping on putting up with everything I throw at them I may have to consider the P&D high mileage plan next winter. Or maybe not.

No comments:

Post a Comment