Thursday 4 January 2018

14 miles steady

My Thursday afternoons are going to get very repetitive. For the next three months or so I will have the afternoon off work to do the medium long run. These will typically be 15 miles long and I didn’t fancy getting up at 5:30am to do it before work. Having the afternoon off means I can have a good rest afterwards and also see more of my kids.

I have found a decent route that eventually takes me to my favourite trail so, not being one to change something that works, I guess this is a route I’ll be getting very familiar with.

Today I had a strong wind behind me most of the way so the pace was decent, averaging 7:33. Mile 12 was not with the wind but came out at a 7  min mile for a HR of about 142. These are good numbers for me. Is fitness coming back?

No comments:

Post a Comment