Saturday 27 January 2018

16 miles paying for Thursday

I guess something had to give. You go too fast on one run and you will pay for it later. Thursday was fun, pushing on the 13 miler and getting the average pace down to 7:30 minute miles.

Today I had to work hard on the last 5 miles to get the average pace down to 8:00. A nasty headwind in the middle didn't help and I was struggling to get the miles below 8 minutes, even with the effort turned up in the second half. However once I turned around and had the wind behind me I decided to get to work.

I switched the watch to lap pace and aimed for 3 7:20 miles on the flat trail with the wind behind me. It should be doable and so it proved. Miles of 7:10, 7:10 and 6:50 got me to the trail turnoff and then two downhill miles to home finished it off nicely. 16 miles in 2:07.

No comments:

Post a Comment