Sunday 14 January 2018

Hilly 18

What do you do when the plan says long run and you don't feel like going fast? Take to the hills of course. Then you can blame the pace on the climbing.

I am lucky enough to live on the edge of the Peak District so it isn't hard to find some decent inclines. Today I went to the top of Lyme Park. The climbing was mainly in the first half and looked like this:

1400 feet of climbing overall. However the pace was slower than normal and it was cold and windy. The run was turning into a slog but in the second half I turned onto my favourite trail and finally got going. I even managed a 7:30 mile which was almost the right pace for the second half of a long run (7:20.)

So 79 miles for the week. My legs feel OK. I think the fitness is coming. But speed may take longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment