Friday 19 January 2018

Double daze

The plan said 10 miles but my other commitments said do a double. In light of Sunday's race it probably made sense to do something a bit easier in any case.

6 miles into work felt surprisingly good despite yesterday's 13 miler. Another 4 miles on the treadmill at lunch time got the miles done.

The treadmill run was obviously at gym temperature (maybe 18 degrees C) and was a bit of a sweat fest despite the easy effort. London Marathon is at the end of April and can be warm so I may need to do some more of these treadmill runs to acclimatize myself. But I'm not sure I can stomach more than 4 miles at a time on the dreadmill. I made it slightly more interesting by increasing the speed every kilometer but still... Running for me is about being outside in the fresh air, not stuck in some sweaty gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment