Saturday 20 January 2018

6 miles and a bit of hope.

Just a very easy 6 miles today with tomorrow's half marathon in mind.

I think I am going to use my watch tomorrow unless I am having a really bad day in which case I will just run. The plan is to keep the flattish miles at sub 6:30 pace and then another sub 1:25 time should be mine.

I am taking great solace in the first mile of my recent marathon pace workout, which was a very comfortable 6:30 minute mile. If I can dial into that pace again over the first 11 slightly uphill miles then I should be able to blast out the last two downhill miles and get a decent time.

The weather looks pretty horrible. Just above freezing with rain and sleet. However this race is now on closed roads so I don't think it will get called off. And the wind is just a normal 12 mph or so, so nothing to fear there.

Let's hope for some fun tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment