Friday 2 March 2018

OK, it is a beast

Today the cold temperatures were combines with gale-force winds to make for interesting conditions.

I still couldn't stomach two hours on the treadmill so decided to do my 15 miler on my favourite trail (where else!)

The first two miles were uphill into the wind and at times I was almost forced to a standstill. Once on the trail it was OK, the snow was quite runnable apart from the odd snow drift and the wind was a crosswind. After 6 miles the trail was covered in snow drifts so I had to turn round and run up and down the same section of trail a couple of times to make up the distance. Still better than running on a treadmill.

15 miles averaging 7:55 will do in these conditions. Another run is done and winter can't stay forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment