Wednesday 21 March 2018

Goodbye cruel winter

And relax. Spring is here.

Today started off as winter and ended as spring. Either way it was a gorgeous cold, sunny morning with barely any wind.

My foot felt a bit better and the cold was definitely waning so I had a go at some more speed intervals. The plan only called for a lightweight session - 5 x 600m. This is because the plan calls for a race on Saturday and doesn't want to wear you out before the race. I am not doing a proper race on Saturday, just a parkrun, but was very happy to do a lighter session.

In the end the remnants of the cold held me back from anything too spectacular but the intervals were solid enough, ranging from 2:15 to 2:05. The 2:05 equates to 5:40 pace so I will definitely take that but I somehow don't think I could sustain that for 5K.

More calf raises at lunch time to hopefully keep the plantar fasciitis in check. I have beaten it before and will beat it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment