Saturday 3 March 2018

Snowy parkrun

The plan called for a 10 km race today with at least 10 miles running in total including warm up and cool down. There wasn't a 10 km race available but there was a parkrun 3.5 miles away so by running there and back I got my 10 miles in.

The parkrun course was heavily altered due to the icy conditions. Rather than the normal two laps on concrete paths it was now 5 laps on the grass. Clearly not a day for PBs, especially as the course was more like 5.5 km!

I started quite far back and worked my way through the field up to 9th place. According to the watch I was going a bit faster than marathon pace but I suspect I was going rather faster than this as GPS watches always cut the corners and there were plenty of them!

In any case it was good to get the heart rate up after a week of plodding on the snow and all the lapping was quite fun. Maybe it is wrong to enjoy overtaking people but I can't seem to help it!


Not my best look today but I kept warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment