Saturday 24 March 2018

Sluggish parkrun (19:35)

You would think that all this training would make me faster! Not today it didn't. I have often had slow parkruns during marathon training in the past and today was another case in point.

I guess having done 14 miles on Thursday and 10 yesterday my legs were hardly rested. During the warm up my pace seemed a bit off for the heart rate but this is often the case before a race.

However when the race started my legs were a bit lifeless. I felt strong but didn't have much speed. After the first lap I had climbed up to 8th place but there was about 40 metres between me and 7th. This was too much for me to close and I spent the whole lap isolated.

I guess 3 miles at LT pace on a hilly and twisty course is not disastrous. I'll have a couple more shots at parkruns on fresher legs before the marathon.

3.7 miles before and 3.3 miles after made 10 for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment