Thursday 8 March 2018

15 miles steady

These Thursday medium-long runs have become a regular routine over the winter. The wind is normally behind me, they are done in daylight and they mostly fly by pretty quickly. I will almost miss them once the marathon training is over!

Today was the normal 15 miler on my normal route and the wind was behind me most of the way as normal. The only abnormal factor was the tired legs from 12 miles yesterday with a 10K tempo.

The legs actually felt OK and the pace was comfortably below 8 minute miles in the first half. As normal I increased the effort a bit in the second half and once I had climbed up the hills to my favourite trail the pace dropped to 7:15 miles. This was surprising as my legs were definitely feeling weary at this point and the running was feeling laboured.

That's 45 miles so far this week. This big week is going pretty well so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment