Tuesday 27 March 2018

A double but not as we know it

Normally double days are 6 miles recovery followed by 4 miles recovery.

Today was a bit more sadistic: 15 miles medium long run followed by 4 miles recovery. Yikes!

The MLR went well. I had the morning off work to get it done. I have so much more mental energy when I run in the mornings; enough to push myself a bit and hit my pace targets. This meant 8 minute miles in the first half and 7:20 miles in the second half. This gives an overall average pace of 7:40 which I managed to hit.

After an afternoon's work I cycled home, had tea and then got out for the recovery run. This went as well as could be expected, averaging 9:00 pace although the first mile was more of a shuffle than a run.

And that is the last midweek 15 miler done! It may be a while before I do another.

No comments:

Post a Comment