Monday 12 March 2018

The day after the marathon before

Normally after a marathon I have two days off running and then a short, easy run on the Wednesday.

The question was, after doing an "easy effort" marathon would I just be able to resume training as normal?

The answer appears to be yes. The cycle into work this morning felt good. I do have a slight twinge in one knee but that may be from some aggressive horseplay with my son rather than the marathon!

I was a bit worried about running 7 miles today but once I got going it was fine. The pace was very slow, averaging about 9:20 minute miles but the run passed quickly enough and hopefully the pace will improve each day. I am not sure about doing speed work on Wednesday but I guess it is a case of one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment