Thursday 15 March 2018

Lurgy 15 miler

So far I have run every day since Christmas and have done almost all the miles in the plan.

This morning I woke up with a bit of man flu as well as the normal tired legs but there was no way I was going to have a rest day. Not with 15 miles scheduled.

The cycle into work actually felt fine but then after lunch it was time for the 15 mile run home, into the wind and slightly uphill.

What with a marathon done on Sunday and a speed session yesterday, today was not a day for heroics. Instead I jogged the whole way. I did not feel great but I kept my heart rate low and got through it. 15 miles @ 8:30 pace.

Once I had recovered a bit at home I actually felt better for the run. Hopefully I will recover for Sunday's half marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment