Thursday 22 March 2018

14 miles in spring

Another grumpy morning for me today with the cold lingering on. The sore foot is no worse at least.

I had the afternoon off to do the 14 mile run and the weather was pleasant for once so I decided to just ease myself into it.

The first mile was pretty slow (8:50) so after that I decided to just try to get the average pace down to 8:00. After another slow mile I got into the flow and most of the subsequent miles were below 8:00 with the average pace ending up at 7:57.

That is still a bit slow for a medium long run (I am supposed to average 7:40) but an improvement from last week's 8:30.

With the head cold and sore foot I am just lacking a bit of mental energy at the moment to really get into these runs and push when I need to. I am still getting the miles in though and hopefully that will pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment