Sunday 25 February 2018

The beast of the east can rest in peace

I think there is a tendency to obsess about long range weather forecasts and miss the present good conditions. While some have been going on about a "Beast from the east" coming our way in the form of a Siberian weather front I have enjoyed this cold-but-dry continental weather. The stars have been out every night and the mud is finally drying up.

This morning was once again cold, bright and dry. My legs were on their best form and 16 miles flew by in 2 hours. My energy is back and the recovery week has worked its magic. After an off week I am now ready to refocus for the final push - five more 70 mile plus weeks until the taper. This should include my first ever 90 mile week ending in a training marathon.

There are some races and speed workouts scheduled so it is time to finally get those legs moving fast again. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment