Sunday 11 February 2018

Last cross country of the season

I am not sure why the muddiest cross country course of the series was scheduled for the end of winter instead of autumn but as a result it was waterlogged as normal and resembled a quagmire for at least half the loop.

So no fast splits today, just a tempo effort and a lot of mud. Despite the conditions I quite enjoyed myself. Thursday's 22 miler was undoubtedly still in my legs as I struggled to get my HR above 85% and into the LT zone. Never mind, it was a lot more fun than attempting 6 tempo miles by myself and the cake afterwards wasn't bad either!

My cross country results this season have been a bit disappointing as I have regularly been beaten by club mates I managed to beat last season. I plan to get some proper shoes for next season, do some targeted training and try to taper more for the races. Then hopefully I'll arrive ready for battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment