Tuesday 6 February 2018

Sometimes it all falls into place

I wasn't really looking forward to today's 12 miler. I had a bit of a sore throat and a foggy head. It was really cold outside as well. However once I got started I realised that I had my best legs today.

Once I had jogged up to the trail and locked in a comfortable effort the pace came out as a surprising 7:50. The snow was gently falling and there was almost no wind. The odd rabbit and bird made it quite idyllic.

In the second half I pushed on a bit as normal and was mightily surprised to see the pace nudging down towards 7:00 minute miles. This was possibly the most comfortable this pace has ever felt.

So 12 miles at an average pace of 7:35 and HR of about 132. And more importantly it felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment