Friday 23 February 2018

Friday double, no gut trouble

Whatever storm overtook my guts yesterday departed just as swiftly today.

A 6 mile steady run into work and then another 4 miles recovery at lunch successfully completed without any need to wonder where the nearest bush is.

Which means I can go back to moaning about the weather. An easterly wind has started blowing cold air in from Siberia and it looks like it is going to blow for the next two weeks or so, bringing in freezing weather every night. Great!

I can remember winters where we just had a couple of frosts the whole winter. Not this time. The combination of cold weather and increased miles has tested my motivation at times. Not that I would ever give up mid plan. But I do think I will do things differently next winter. Maybe just do a 12 week plan. Maybe get a turbo trainer and do a bit less running.

But for now I might need to work on some strategies for keeping my hands warm when cycling.

No comments:

Post a Comment