Tuesday 13 February 2018

6 miles with strides

I would hesitate to describe my short efforts today as "strides" - my legs were too tired for sprinting. They were more like "pick-ups" where I managed to run a bit faster for 100m or so. I guess you can't increase your mileage to new levels and also expect to be running fast.

I generally am not very interesting in equipment - one of the reasons I like running is that you need so little of it. But I did get an Apple Watch today - series 3 (non-cellular.) It looks nicer than the old Garmin and I don't want to be a two watch guy so I am going to try to make it work.

The first real test will be tomorrow on a 13 mile MLR. I will initially avoid using third party apps and try to get on with the built in workout app. However this does not seem to have lap pace so we'll see if I can get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment