Sunday 1 April 2018

Why long runs should be done at 6am

One of the best reasons to get your runs done early is to prevent the randomness of life getting in the way. How can your family put unexpected demands on you when they are asleep?

Today was supposed to be 22 mile run day. That means finding a 3 hour slot to do it in. That was supposed to be in the afternoon, in between church and cinema trip. However my son was poorly and I ended up taking him to see a doctor mid afternoon. He will be OK but no 3 hour run for me.

I managed to squeeze in a steady 9 miler and will have to fit the long run into tomorrow afternoon. The weather won't be as nice but what can you do?

Despite the shorter run I still managed a 72 mile week and next week will now be much bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment