Thursday 5 April 2018

7 miles with strides

Strides are good! They might improve running form. They allow a bit of a workout without wearing you out.

The only problem is, I am always too fatigued to do them justice. I think this is an acceptable part of doing higher mileage than ever before. You can't go longer and faster at the same time. I am looking forward to doing some proper speed work in the summer.

That said, I managed to increase the speed a few times during my 7 mile plod today. So I'll call them strides.

The only other notable event was a painful onset of shin splints in the first mile. Well I assume they were shin splints. Fairly severe pain on both sides of my right shin that then faded away. Hopefully just another niggle that will disappear by itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment