Tuesday 3 April 2018

Recovery? Pah!

According to the plan today is a recovery day but according to my watch I have done over 20,000 steps! Something has gone awry.

As far as "workouts" go today was just the 6 mile cycle into work and a 6 mile jog home at 9 minute mile pace. However I am also temporarily without a car so have done lots of extra walking; hence the high step count.

Walking is great for muscle recovery, however I think my sore joints could have done without it. In compensation I am planning on an early night tonight in preparation for a medium long run tomorrow morning.

I am in a bit of a danger zone here injury-wise: 10K race on Friday, 10 miles with steady parkrun on Sat, 9 steady miles on Sunday, 22 miles yesterday and too many steps today. However my joints seem to be incredibly tough so hopefully I will survive the MLR. And then it will feel like the taper is really starting with two consecutive easy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment