Saturday 14 April 2018

7 miles with strides

Back to my first love today. Getting a run done before anything else, on reasonably fresh legs and over a comfortable distance. This is what I have missed while marathon training. All the easy runs tend to be on tired legs whereas when you have fresh legs you have to make the run count.

Today was just 7 miles with some strides thrown in for good measure.

After 3 miles uphill to the trail I then did 100 metre sprints in every quarter mile section for two miles of trail. Recently, on tired legs, the mile splits containing the strides have barely gone below 8 minutes. Today I did a 6:50 mile. That is the taper difference.

Having said that, I will soon be missing the hard workouts and will be finding another plan to follow after the marathon ASAP. Although marathon training is hard there is something special about being on a quest. It makes me feel alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment