Friday 20 April 2018

6 miles with strides

As far as final taper weeks go, this one has been pretty full on with a run every day and a mini workout on Wednesday. I guess it is a question of what you are used to and not allowing your legs to get sluggish.

I certainly haven't given my legs any chance of getting lazy today, with a 6 mile run into work with strides, a cycle home and then a swim session this evening.

The strides felt pretty good although not amazing. I think I am in decent shape though.

The triathlon club swim session was humbling as ever. I am just not a very good swimmer. I was in the intermediate class but in reality I am only just at intermediate level. I normally stick to things I am good at so to see people join the group and improve much quicker than me has been eye-opening. Still, I have improved and I think I need to swim more than twice a week to see some real improvements.

No comments:

Post a Comment