Tuesday 10 April 2018

When every step feels forced

Sometimes running feels smooth. Sometimes it feels forced. Today was the latter. My legs weren't particularly sore and even managed some strides without complaining. However they lacked any bounce and just getting the pace down to 8:20 minute miles took some effort. I sometimes wonder if you have to have one bad run after a hard long run and by running on Monday you get it out of the way.

So my 8 mile run today wasn't exactly joyous. But if I can get these bad runs out of the way before race day I am not going to complain.

There are rumours of some warmer weather next week. Now that is a worry. If it is 20 degrees on race day I will have to forget about a PB and just enjoy the day. I just don't race well in the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment