Monday 2 April 2018

22 miles soggy and steady

Today was a typical bank holiday Monday in the UK. Wet, cold and windy.

The forecast for the morning was abysmal so I found a slot in the afternoon when it would be warmer and less windy but still wet. And wet it was! It must have rained for over two hours of my run.

Thankfully the legs seems to be in good shape. The 8 minute miles came easy in the first half and in the second half the pace was mainly below 7:20 even though I didn't feel like I was going that fast. So 22 miles done in 2 hours 50 minutes.

It is good to know that I can run for that period of time and still be functioning reasonably well at the end. During the marathon I will hopefully only be running for a few minutes longer and will have the crowd and taper to get me through it. In order to get comfortable under 3 hours I will need to run at least 25 miles in the time it took me to do 22 today. Possible? Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment