Sunday 3 December 2017

2017 Recap

I have noticed a pattern with lots of blogs - they blog the buildup to a marathon in great detail and then leave out the race report.

It looks like I have fallen into the same trap.

To cut a long story short I had a great marathon at Manchester, running 6:5x min/mile pace for 20 miles and then speeding up slightly over the last 10K, finishing in 2:59:45.

I carried on the high mileage over the summer but did more 5K style training, ending up with an 18:12 5K PB in September.

I then had a bad Chester marathon in October, just not having good legs on the day and finishing in a very disappointing 3:07.

For a month or so after the marathon I found myself in a bit of a hole in terms of fitness but have gradually built the mileage up to 60 miles per week.

So, with a place in the London Marathon next April it starts again tomorrow. 20 weeks to get that marathon PB more comfortably under 3 hours. Something like 2:55 would be amazing.

I am a bit sick of club mates who do little training getting PBs all year round so if the high mileage plan I will be following does not improve my fitness I will have to rethink my training.

But for now... let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment