Wednesday 13 December 2017

13 steady miles

I have never been so glad to see 3 degrees on the forecast!

After another freezing run into work on Tuesday, finally the temperature moved above zero.

The air this morning was a comfortable three degrees above zero although the ice on the trail had not quite got the message. Running in the dark with just a dim headtorch for company I couldn’t really see the patches of ice so just had to put up with my feet slipping all over the place on occasion.

Normally I do the second half of these steady runs at faster than 7:30 pace but my legs were weary today. Rather than force the pace I just accepted that I was fatigued and eventually got the average pace down to 8:00.

In other news, my standing desk arrived today. Project stretch hamstrings continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment