Thursday 28 December 2017

6 miles recovery

Today’s recovery run was more hilly than normal. It was also frosty so the resulting pace was close to 9 minute miles. That’s pretty slow in my book but I have resolved to do my recovery runs slow in order to compensate for the increasing mileage.

Speaking of mileage, I feel like I have trained pretty hard all summer and autumn with very little to show for it. Obviously the runs have an immediate pay off in terms of mental energy and general well being but if I was just running for those benefits then there are some runs I would cut out. These would include longish runs in the dark after work, long cool downs after racing and running with DOMS. I also wouldn’t do runs longer than 16 miles.

So the jury is out. What is the point in training like a maniac and running like an Ok club runner? This plan should yield some results or I will be turning the fun dial up and the plodding dial down.

No comments:

Post a Comment