Wednesday 27 December 2017

Adlington Winter Warmer

What’s this? A race? Some fun?

Yes but this was a race with a difference. You predict your time and try to get as close to that time as possible. Garmins are banned.

Of course I am a data nerd so I just stuck some paper over the face of my watch so I couldn’t be accused of cheating.

My prediction was 41 minutes for the 10k course which should be just faster than marathon pace.

The prediction was great but it turned out the course was actually about 10.3 k and I came home in 42 minutes.

Being a minute out didn’t get me a prize but I was happy with the 6th fastest time and a decent workout.

Another great thing about this event was that it is close enough to run to. So a long warm up and cool down made it 14 miles for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment