Thursday 23 March 2017

Run commuting

I think I have mentioned before the joys of run commuting. Today I ran the 6 miles into work after dropping off my daughter. I manage to just have a bum bag (fanny pack!) rather than a rucksack so as to not spoil the run. The logistics do get complicated and confusing but basically I take in extra clothes earlier in the week when I cycle in so that when I am running all I need are my phone, keys, a bank card and a security pass. Running home after work is good but running into work is fantastic. Compared to an early morning run I am fully awake and partly fed so they feel great and after a shower at work I am full of mental energy. And I have saved on petrol.

I am fully aware that I am sounding like a running bore but I guess we are all passionate about something.

The taper is in full swing now so it is time to start worrying about the weather, feel random niggles and eat too much. The forecast looks good, my feet are a bit sore and I am eating too much breakfast cereal so hopefully I am fulfilling the plan on all counts!

No comments:

Post a Comment