Wednesday 1 March 2017

Marathon training

It's been a while...

Almost two years since my last post and still no sub 3 marathon. And now I am 41! What a crazy name for my blog in retrospect.

I had an optimistic attempt at sub 3 at Chester last autumn and faded after 16 miles, finishing with a 10 minute positive split but a big PB of 3:08.

This winter I have been following the P&D 55-70 miles per week 18 week plan, with extra easy running to make it a 60 - 80 mpw plan.

In January I smashed my HM PB with 1:24:10 at the Four Villages Half. So another sub 3 attempt is in order at the Manchester marathon in four and a half weeks.

But for now, for Lent, I am blogging every day up till the marathon.

So today was 14 miles MLR (medium long run.)

Doing 14 miles before work is quite tough as it means a 5:30 am wake up and setting off in the dark. I won't miss these runs after the marathon.

However today the weather was dry and there was a hint of daylight even at 6 am.

14 miles averaging 7:55 pace. That'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment