Wednesday 8 March 2017

5 x 1200m

The dreaded interval sessions. Possibly quite fun on a track with company. Not quite as fun on your own, first thing in the morning, on a sloppy trail and just my Garmin to guide me.

I was ready to axe the session if the DOMS was still present but it had gone so I had to man up and have a go. 1200 metres is quite a long way to run at 5 K pace so this is definitely a tough session. And 5 of them seems a bit excessive.

The first rep. well went, coming out at about 5:50 pace but after that it was hard work keeping them below 6:00 pace. The first 800 metres is generally OK but then it is eyeballs out trying to keep up the pace for another 400 metres. 


In any case the HR log shows the distinct effort of the intervals, with the HR up to 165 on the fourth one, something I find quite hard to achieve in training.

How helpful this all is towards a marathon is another question!

No comments:

Post a Comment