Monday 6 March 2017

Race Review

Now that the dust has settled on my 10K performance yesterday here are some more thoughts:


  • That race is crazily strong! I came in position 292 out of about 800 finishers. Comfortably in the top half but nowhere near top 10%. Clearly this is not a race for fun runners but to finish that low down the order in a mixed race is quite something.
  • Starting further back is more fun. Being overtaken so much in the second half is not my style and not much fun. I must rein in that first mile next time. Having said that my HR was in the right place after half a mile and didn't go up until the last mile so the effort can't have been that wrong. Maybe just easing off slightly would pay off double in the last two miles.
  • 10Ks are over far too quickly! If I am going to dedicate my Sunday morning to a race I prefer a distance with a bit more ebb and flow to it. Half Marathons are perfect for this.
  • I am in decent shape. 2017 could be an exciting year.
Just a 6 mile run commute home from work today. The legs felt ok, the wind was behind me and I quite enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment