Wednesday 31 July 2013

First 20 miler

Last Friday the dreaded lactate threshold run was successfully completed, with six of the ten miles at around 7:05 min / mile pace. I sneakily arranged the route so that the last 1.5 fast miles were downhill!

Then on Sunday before breakfast I did my first 20 miler of the training plan. This went... fine! I plodded around the suburbs of Stockport at 8:30 min / mile pace and did the run in 2 hours 50 mins. Even a stop to water the flowers and lugging around an unneeded extra bottle of Lucozade didn't stop me! I had a distinct lack of energy the rest of the day but that is the price of marathon training I guess.

After cross training on Monday I did a 14 miler yesterday - again averaging 8.30 min / mile pace for most of the run but I then picked things up for the last 4 miles to bring the average down to 8.15.

Today and tomorrow are recovery runs before a really tough run on Friday - 16 miles with 12 at marathon pace. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment