Monday 1 July 2013

15 miles slow

My final run in Madrid was 10 miles at 8 min/mile pace. I got to know the loops in that park so well that I could almost run them blindfolded!

Saturday was a 4 mile recovery run where I got a bit carried away on the last mile and did it in 6:20. This is not a good idea when you are running on bumpy pavements as my sore knee testified.

Sunday night was a slow 15 miler. It started off easily enough with splits around 7:45 but I slowed in the second half to just over 8 min / mile pace. In the end my average pace was 7:55 which was once again too fast. Naughty me!

My route involved a number of switchback ramps to get up to a bridge and I noticed that my Garmin doesn't really have enough accuracy to take the short switchbacks into account. Instead it told me I had done a 8:40 mile! The switchbacks are annoying in any case so I think some route modification is needed.

Today I feel pretty stiff. I guess my body is getting used to running over 40 miles a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment