Friday 5 July 2013

10 miles slow

On Tuesday I was supposed to do a tempo run but slept in and did a recovery run at lunchtime instead. It felt awful! I guess I still wasn't over the long run on Sunday night.

On Wednesday morning I did the tempo run - 9 miles with the middle 5 at lactate threshold (LT) pace. This corresponds to about 7 minutes / mile for me. It felt tough but I managed it OK. However I was a bit sneaky as the last mile and a half of the middle 5 were downhill. Tut tut!

Thursday was the normal gym session and then this morning was 10 miles slow.

This was one of those lovely runs where your body wakes up halfway through and you end it feeling really strong. My average pace of 7.50 min / mile was a bit fast but I just can't seem to go any slower when I am fresh.

I ran to nearby Woodbank park where next week's Offerton 10K is set. The race comprises three laps and part of the lap is a killer hill. You descend about 150 feet in about a quarter of a mile, turn around and come back up. It was steep but mercifully fairly short.

The weather forecast for next week is very hot so it is going to be a good workout!

No comments:

Post a Comment