Thursday 25 July 2013

First 18 miler

Last Saturday I decided to have some fun with my 7 mile recovery run. I jogged the two miles to the Bramhall parkrun, arriving just before the start. I then started right at the back, spending the next 24 minutes overtaking people and doing some strides. After a short rest I then jogged the 2 miles back.

On Sunday morning I did the first 18 miler of my training plan. This went really well; I managed a steady 8:30 min/mile pace throughout despite running before breakfast. I no longer fear the long runs - it is those pace runs you have to dread!

After a very humid 5 miles recovery on Tuesday I tried running with the Bramhall Runners yesterday evening. They mainly did 300m intervals around Bramhall park - not really marathon training but fun nonetheless. I then did the parkrun route to make up the distance.

Less than 10 hours after I stopped running last night I was out this morning to do 12 miles slow. This again went rather well - I managed a steady 8:15 min/mile pace and the legs felt fine.

Maybe that three peaks challenge did my legs some good!

Tomorrow is the dreaded lactate threshold run - 10 miles with 6 at @ LT pace. Ouch!

Sunday is the first 20 miler but I am OK with long runs now.

So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment