Wednesday 26 June 2013

Running in Madrid

I am in Madrid for a Microsoft conference but the marathon training continues!

Although the temperature reaches 30 degrees C by lunchtime the day starts out at a rather pleasant 15 degrees C - the kind of temperature I like to run in.

The only decent running location near my hotel is a small park on a hill. You can either do a lap of the whole park which is about 1 km and hilly or you can stick to the top of the hill and do a 0.5 km lap. Although it is hardly an idyllic route the amount of joggers in the park at 7 am suggests that there aren't any better options nearby!

My runs so far this week:

5 miles recovery (at home.) After two days off from running my legs felt fresh and I did this at 7.30 min / mile pace.

7 miles aerobic + 10 * 100m strides. Averaged 8.10 min / mile pace for this. I felt a bit sluggish. Maybe it is the altitude here (Madrid is almost 700m above sea level.)

6 miles recovery. 7.50 min / mile pace.

Just one run left while I am here and then back to the cold and wet of England.

No comments:

Post a Comment