Friday 7 June 2013

8 mile tempo

I managed to squeeze in three more runs while on holiday.

On Sunday I did a two hour run. This started off great until I hit a killer hill at about 5 miles. It led up to a medieval village called Populonia and the views were lovely but it was about a mile of steep climb. I enjoyed the run down but then ran out of water. I had to go back to our mobile home early, take a swig of liquids and then do the last 10 minutes of running around the campsite. I probably covered 15 miles in all.

On the Tuesday I did a recovery run of just over four miles and on Wednesday I did 4 one mile intervals. I probably did them at just under seven minute mile pace.

Yesterday was the journey back and today was the 8 mile tempo run. It was hot but I managed to set an 8 mile PB.

7.15
7.15
6.55
6.40
6.45
6.35
6.55
6.35
54:55

This is bang on 3 hour marathon pace so I am now one third of the way there!


No comments:

Post a Comment