Wednesday 24 April 2013

Hello World

I am a 37 year old guy who has decided to run a sub three hour marathon before my 40th birthday.

I have one marathon under my belt which was a total disaster. This was in Monaco over 10 years ago. After only 4 months of training I set off far too fast and was spent by halfway. I walked a great deal of the second half and ended up taking over four and a half hours.

I recently got the running bug again and did the Wilmslow Half Marathon in 1:36.

It then dawned on me that I am not a million miles off the pace for a London Good For Age qualifying time (3:10).

So the plan is to run the Manchester Marathon next April in under 3.10 and qualify for the London Marathon the year after when I can have a go a beating 3:00.

The second part of the plan is to not get too skinny and to keep the family life going!

This blog is as much for my own record as anything else but feel free to comment with advice or encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment