Tuesday 3 December 2013

Base Training

It is not even Christmas yet and it is time to start thinking about training for spring marathons!

The London marathon is in the middle of April next year so if you do an 18 week plan for that training starts next week! Yikes.

In preparation for the P&D schedule I have been upping my mileage: over 40 miles two weeks ago and over 45 miles last week. Included in that was a tempo run and a 15 miler including hills so I should be able to cope with the first week of the schedule.

This Sunday is the Stockport 10 (miles.) There are two decent hills on the course: one at halfway and one towards the end so I am not confident of doing it in under 70 minutes but hopefully everything will come together on the day.

Tomorrow I am going to attempt 10 miles with 5 at 7 min/mile pace. If I can pull that off then I will feel confident about doing that pace for 10 miles in a race.

Now to try to get an early night for that 6 am run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment