Saturday 24 August 2013

Woodbank Parkrun

A great week's running so far.

On Tuesday I did 5 * 600m as part of an 8 mile run. I did the intervals in about 2:15 which felt hard but good.

Wednesday was club night and we did speed work which was fun especially when you come first in your group.

Thursday was a slow 12 miler and then today was a parkrun.

According to the training schedule I was supposed to do 11 miles incorporating a 10K race. As I couldn't find a suitable race I ran 4 miles to a local parkrun, did the 5K race and then ran the 4 miles back.

Woodbank parkrun starts on a track which is a nice bonus but does have a 100 foot hill that you have to do twice. Considering the hill I wasn't expecting to make a PB but was happy with 20:45.

Never one to say no to free food I started scoffing down flapjacks after the race before remembering that I had to run home! Ooops.

Doing the first mile after the race in 10 minutes seemed to appease my stomach and the run home was actually fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment