Tuesday 13 August 2013

The speed is back

I had a great holiday from a running perspective with some amazing 8 mile runs on New Forest tracks. The roads were flat, deserted and obviously surrounded by beautiful forest.

When I started the P&D plan I seemed to lose my speed a bit with my default pace dropping to 8.30 min / mile. For whatever reason my default speed has now returned to 8 min / mile and the training is feeling easier.

On Sunday's 14 miler I did every mile in under 8 minutes even though this was supposed to be a slow run.

This morning I did a 11 miler with 7 miles @ tempo pace (7 min / mile for me.) This is normally a really hard workout but it felt fine! This is the last tempo run of the training plan but if I do it again I guess I will have to make my tempo pace a bit faster. Progress!

I am now going to ease up for the rest of the week in preparation for the Belper Rugby Rover 30K. This is my first trail race and it has a 3 mile hill in the middle. I have always said that fell runners are crazy so we will see if this race changes my mind at all!

No comments:

Post a Comment