Tuesday 28 January 2014

21 miles in training

I recently paid £3 for a shot of me doing the Four Villages Half so I thought I would make the most of it.



Two days after the race I was scheduled to do a tempo run (10 miles with 5 @ LT pace.) My legs felt OK so I attempted it. 5 miles averaging 6:55 told me that I was still recovering but I was happy with that effort.

My 21 mile run on Sunday went really well (apart from the persistent rain) so this morning I was ready to tackle the next tempo run - 11 miles with 6 @ LT pace. My legs felt good to start with and a first tempo mile of 6:48 was OK but after that I started to feel poorly and my pace slowed. After a third mile of over seven minutes I bailed out and jogged the rest of the distance.

It looks like I have my children's stomach bug. Hopefully with two recovery days I will be able to tackle that LT session as part of my 14 miler on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment