Friday 9 May 2014

Recovery





Almost four weeks have passed since the London marathon. I have entered the ballot for next year so I guess I must have enjoyed it overall!

In the meantime I have been gradually building up the mileage, from 12 in the first week to about 45 this week. I have also entered a race - the Great Manchester 10K next Sunday.

My official 10K PB of 43:48 was set in the hilly Offerton 10K last summer and I have beaten that in training several times so a PB should be a given. The real question is whether I can get under 40 mins for the first time. I think I can but we will see.

In preparation for an autumn marathon I have bought "The Hansons Marathon Plan" to try a different training method. With this method the miles are spread more evenly through the week with a shorter long run but longer easy runs and two workouts a week. I don't actually think there is anything wrong with P&D but it is fun to try something different.

The program will start in early June so for now I am making up my own schedule with a tempo run, a speed workout and a long run each week interspersed with easy running.

Starting some hard training only two weeks after the marathon was a bit naughty but my body seems to have coped and I am feeling good. Lets see what I can do over 10K

No comments:

Post a Comment