Friday 11 April 2014

London Marathon Taper

For the last two and a half weeks I have been in taper mode.

The first week after the taper didn't feel very restful as my legs were getting over the Wilmslow Half. At the end of that week I started coming down with a cold which I am only just getting over now. Consequently my 5 * 1200m session that Saturday was less than stellar with a bit of a fade for the last two reps.

On Thursday last week I was still under the weather but attempted the 3 * 1 mile session and this went rather better with the miles being around 6:10 pace as required.

On Sunday I had a rest day and my strides the next day were the fastest I have seen in a long time. My legs had their bounce back.

Yesterday and today I have been attempting to carbo load. I am really not that interested in the nutrition side of things but I have been working my way through a couple of packs of cereal bars between meals so hopefully that will help.

Tomorrow I will do a slow 4 miler and then get the train down to London for the expo. After a restful evening in my hotel it will then be the big day.

I have calculated that at my race pace I should see the elite men coming in the other direction when I am just after halfway. I am very excited about this - hopefully at that point I will still be alert enough to appreciate it.

Time for some more carbs! So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment