Tuesday 24 September 2013

16 miles too fast

According to P&D (the writers of my training plan) long slow runs are supposed to be run about 15% slower than your planned marathon pace. So doing my 16 miler at the weekend only 5% slower than marathon pace, two weeks before the marathon might not have been the best idea. However when I started my run my legs wanted to run at 7:50 min/mile pace by default and I decided to keep that pace going for the whole run. I guess the tempo run the day before didn't tire me out enough!

Luckily I am only scheduled to do four runs this week so I have re-arranged the runs to get two rest days in a row and then I will be fine.

Last week's training:

Tue: 6 miles recovery
Wed: 8 miles with Bramhall Runners including 600m and 1000m intervals
Fri: 4 miles recovery with strides
Sat: 10 miles with 10K at tempo (6:50 min/mile)
Sun: 16 miles in 2:05

No comments:

Post a Comment